The purpose of the Canteen is to benefit the Michigan Department of State Police (MSP) and its members, both active and retired. The Canteen has been open since the 1950’s.
The Michigan State Police Canteen specializes in the sale of items that carry the Michigan State Police name and logo. Items are available for sale to employees, retirees, and their families. There is a wide array of products available; everything from tee shirts and sweatshirts to teddy bears and coffee mugs. The next time you are in the Lansing area, please stop by, or browse and shop on our new and improved website.
Did you know...
Profits from the Canteen sales are used to:
- Send floral arrangements to MSP members, their spouses or retirees when they are hospitalized.
- Send floral arrangement to MSP members, their spouses or retirees when someone passes away.
- Donate towards departmental retirement parties.
- Provide clothing for departmental members participating in the annual Torch Run.
- Donate to the Civilian of the year, Retiree of the Year, and Motor Carrier of the Year recipients.
- Help support the MSP Trooper Memorial